1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an alternate method to remove the recoil spring assembly and barrel that does not require the "paper clip" tool?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is there an alternate method to remove the recoil spring assembly and barrel that does not require the "paper clip" tool?
I'm assuming that you have a two piece FLGR?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe so. There is a small hole about 1" up on the side of the FLGR. NHC supplies a small piece of metal that is to be inserted after partially retracting the slide to relieve the recoil spring resistance. I can then remove the slide stop pin. The problem is that I always end up somehow getting the slide locked up as the pin gets under the dust cover area and it takes some effort to get it unstuck. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt the slide or frame. The directions aren't very clear in the manual. I must be doing something incorrectly. I also don't like being dependent on having a small piece of wire to take down the pistol. I also have an EMP with a similar design but I'm able to disassemble without Springfield's plastic clip tool.
Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love bushings too. At least I know I can count on a treasure hunt when I launch the spring and tube.: )
I don't know if that's an option on this design with the muzzle end of the barrel having such a unique shape and design. Wouldn't be a predator anymore would it?
I bough the gun without doing any research. It's got a bob-tail and a commander barrel. It was gorgeous and I had some cash. No regrets. Also love my Defender, LBCC, EMP, and RRand.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love bushings too. At least I know I can count on a treasure hunt when I launch the spring and tube.: )
To prevent this, dissemble inside a large plastic bag. I have four NHs and never had a problem with spring and plug as long as I held my hand over the muzzle.

As for your problem, hopefully someone will chime in with more knowledge than I have about Predator II field striping.

Good luck, Sir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts