1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a bid in for a NIB Premier II for $1,400. Is this gun really worth the money? I have not heard any bad reviews on the Les Baer brand. It will be a strictly range gun.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It is well worth the money. Mine is so accurate, it is almost hard to miss the targets at reasonable ranges. Several hundred rounds through mine with 0 failures of any kind.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have a TRS and a Premier II Tactical (1.5" at 50 yards, like the PII SuperTac, but without BearCoat), and they're both FANTASTIC. The TRS is my most trusted companion (screw Lassie), and the Premier II is the most accurate pistol I've ever seen. I shoot it at 100 yards from sandbags with amazing results (around 10 rounds in 7"). This pistol blows anything in a comparable price range (and often $1,000 above) OUT OF THE WATER, and I say this after having shot SA customs, Nighthawks, Wilsons, etc. This gun is just.... INSANE. Harbor no doubts that you'll love this pistol, and that you'll think it worth every penny (in fact, you'll probably feel like you ripped off the previous owner) in no time flat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just put a bid in for a NIB Premier II for $1,400. Is this gun really worth the money? I have not heard any bad reviews on the Les Baer brand. It will be a strictly range gun.
Blunt statement for the money it's the most accurate 1911 out of the box period. I have Nighthawks...Wilsons & Ed Browns and other Baers ...I will put my P11 with the 1 1/2" up against all of them. Get it !!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "put a bid in," but a new one was less than this at Pro Load Distributors very recently. Check them out at www.proload.com. Give John a call; he won't be undersold!

By the way, I got the PII with 1 1/2" guarentee, and it's worth every penny! You won't regret it. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I liked my PII so much I bought a second one. They are equal to my Wilson and Ed Brown.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I carry a PII with the 1.5 inch option on duty every day, never a problem, trust my life on it...everyday.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes. Be prepared for a very tight gun. I bought mine used, have put 8-10,000 rounds through it and still need a bushing wrench and elbow grease to take it down.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The PII is worth twice the money you'll pay. Buy a new one and enjoy. Be sure to break it in with hardball before switching to a light target load. It will probably last your lifetime. And incidentally, the bushing will ALWAYS require a wrench to remove. Bushing to slide is not a wear area.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I have been around and have shot gun's for over 35 years. I have never seen anything like my PII. By far the best weapon I have ever fired. DITTO on John at Proload.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, John Browning himself couldn't shoot it to its potential! Don't feel bad.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
"Blunt statement for the money it's the most accurate 1911 out of the box period."

Would add that using own "Generic" hand-loads with plated bullets in own P II-T the Baer still drilled them into targets as if they were "the Best" loads to be had!!!

My Baer is close to ten yrs old too and still is tight as a drum! Marvel at it every time take it out as the "rush" never has worn off. Les' pistols are really in a class by themselves, in my book!
At our Club there are 3 ea. steel IPSC silhouette targets at various distances. One sits at the end of an old Bullseye Range, all alone right out at 50 yds. Others like to end their day with a mag or two clangin' it for beers or coffee, etc. Lots of fun! It's painted white and kept that way so it's easy to see. The Baer with 1 1/2" makes head-box shots easy, especially with Bo-Mars!
There are other really great 1911 on the market but there's really nothing quite like what Les Baer has to offer in terms of being Unique & Accurate!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I took the plunge, I have sent my money on it's way for a new Premier II. This was done after careful consideration and shopping. All I can say is that not one fault have I heard about a Les Baer gun. I surfed many forums and the word has been if I can afford a Baer it will be a great gun. Now the anticipation for my new pistol.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I have a Baer Premier II and I think it is great. I would like to get Baer to check it out, get a Tactical Melt and get it hard chrome, but I've heard Baer doesn't offer hard chrome anymore.:confused:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Oh yes, the wait really does suck, but it will be worth it. I don't know how anyone can sell a $1,500.00 Colt, Kimber etc. when you can get a Premier II for the same price. It is A LOT of GUN for the money in my opinion. I'm waiting for mine now too! I have owned it for a while, but decided it needed to be fully engraved and refinshed in dark antique blue. I should have it back in March or April. Of my two Baers, it is the most accuate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've owned a PII for a couple of years and my search for a high end 1911 ended when I bought it. I was looking for a shooter, not something that would sit in the safe. Excellent value for the money.

There are, however, hidden expenses. I doubt that I would have bought the Dillon 550 if I hadn't bought the PII. :D

DJR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts