1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the Premier II and the Concept Series of pistols?

Thanks,

themao

·
Registered
130 Posts
NOT much, they both cost about the same.

The Concept Caliber: .45ACP ONLY.

From Les' Catalog, The Premier II:
Calibers: 45 ACP; 40 S&W w/supported chamber; .400 COR-BON; Winchester 9 X 23 supported chamber (.357 Magnum ballistics in a semi-auto). The Premier II© is also available as a dual caliber 45 ACP/.400 Cor-Bon combo, with both barrels fit at the same time to guarantee easy interchangeability and equal accuracy for both calibers.

Options: Stainless steel frame and slide
Ask about our special 1 1/2" guarantee.
The Premier can also be ordered "Hard Chrome."

And The Premier comes with a "Recoil Buffer."

I think that about covers it.

[This message has been edited by Frank Sottile (edited 07-02-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know about the recoil buffer, it not listed in the Specs for the Concept 1911s, and the few Concept 1911s that I have had (III & V) did NOT have them.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think it's just the names for the original configuration. I used to inquire Baer about building a PII in SS frame and blue slide. They told me that would be a concept III. I finally got a standard PII anyway.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
According to the Baer catalog, only Concept I (adj.sight) and II (fixed sight) don't have front straps checkered. HTH.

[This message has been edited by Wit (edited 07-03-2001).]

·
Registered
510 Posts
FWIW, AFAIK, IIRC, My Concept II has no front strap checkering, fixed sights (front trit factory installed on mine), and came with the gumby amber shock buffer installed on a stainless one piece full length guide rod. YMMV, LSMFT, 10-2-4.

Zero failures of any kind through 1508 rounds of mixed 230 Fed American Eagle, 230 Fed Classic, 230 Fed Hydra Shok. All using Baer 8 round mags.

This one is currently at the local smith getting treatment for lack of 30 LPItis on the front strap and trimming that wacky-wide left side thumb safety to tactical proportions. Gonna top it off with a Bear-Coat (spelling is correct) by the boyz in Longmont... http://www.bearcoat.com/

------------------
Rust never sleeps

[This message has been edited by Havoc (edited 07-03-2001).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've narrowed down my two finish choices for a Prem. II to either Bead Blasted Hard Chrome (Complete Gun) or Blued w/ Bear Coat finish (Complete Gun).

Is the Bear Coat at $290 comparable to the hard chrome at $200 for durability/wear resistance? I understand that the Bear Coat is a DuPont Teflon-S coating. Does it wear off like bluing? Can one detect if it wears? Pros/Cons.

Comments please. Thank you.

Bird

1 - 11 of 11 Posts