1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...I just picked up my Trophy Match and there was no pretty blue drawstring pouch with the gold embroidering for the gun. Dealer said they haven't seen them in a while. I got one with my V-10 last month, got one with the 9mm this summer. Now all I get for my thousand is a plastic ziplock freezer baggie? Currently the 9mm is doing time in the ziplock so as not to belittle the TM. This will not do, Springers unite, give me the damn bag or give me a Kimber!

------------------
Auggie

·
Registered
181 Posts
No blue felt bag??? A ZipLoc??? What a travesty!!! I, too, demand the return of the blue baggie.

Your only option may be consuming an entire bottle of Crown Royal, just to get the bag, of course.

Congrats on the new SA, hopefully the Baggie-Gate scandal will not detract from your shooting pleasure! Best of luck with it...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hmm, strange. Picked up a new mil-spec Springfield two weeks ago and it came in the pretty blue drawstring pouch.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
11 Posts
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE - LET US UNITE!! But really, when I picked up my first Trophy Match there was no bag either, then I sent it back before firing it due to a poor finish and they sent me a new replacement complete with bag..
I'd bitch..

--------------------
"Don't touch it boy! Get away!
Foghorn

[This message has been edited by carexpert (edited 12-04-2001).]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
When I looked at the Champions last May the ss had a baggie but the park'ed didn't. I bought the park'ed for the night sights... didn't even get a ziplock, I really got ripped

Mac

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's obviously the work of the Anti-baggers. I live only 25 minutes from the Armory and will give them a headsup as to the current situation and report back in 24.

Over and out......

------------------
Auggie

·
Registered
94 Posts
Picked up my 1911-45 cal a few weeks ago and it came with the blue bag. The funny thing about it is the dealer had two of the same 45s with adj. sights and I checked them both out. It just so happened that the other gun (which didn't release the mags as smoothly as the one I purchased), didn't have the blue bag in the case. Go figure!

[This message has been edited by nknight (edited 12-05-2001).]

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Probably went the same way as the 2 hi cap mags, those neat little locks Ruger placed with their guns, Colt bushing tools, etc. I've got a dealer in town who now sells those Ruger locks for $5 a pop. Amazing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dealers and Distributors have been known to occasionally "liberate" items that manufacturers have included. This was VERY evident during the hysteria filled pre mag ban days, when Manufacturers told you their guns were packed with 2 mags, yet you only got 1. Coincidentally dealers and dists had plenty to sell. You could either call and argue or buy spares on the spot. In those days, a lot of people went for the latter option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone want to buy a blue baggy??:D
Kidding.... but really are they available anywhere?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dacon said:
...do you want mine?...

This makes two offers, seriously, just e-mail me your address and it's yours!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Greetings,
Does anyone remember an earlier thread suggesting that some of SA's guns were assembled by outside contractors, and that the guns produced by these folks were shipped without the Blue Baggie? I don't know if that report was ever confirmed, but it did address "The mystery of the disappearing Blue Baggie."

14/88

ktmhk53

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just picked up my parkerized loaded Ultra Compact on Monday. It had the little blue bag. I thought he was handing me a bottle of Crown Royal at first...;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts