1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only one I could find here in town is at a dealer, NIB for $499.
seems ok with the current price hike-how does that compare around where you guys are?
thanks in advance,
Derek
Birmingham, AL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just yesterday in Valapariso, IN I saw a new stainless Colt 1991A1 (black trigger) tagged at $750.00! At that price it's gonna stay new for a while.

I bought a used one at a different shop for $450.

[This message has been edited by gregw45 (edited 06-09-2001).]

·
Registered
286 Posts
They can run you about $600 in Northern Virginia, but then again everything is pretty pricey around the D.C. area.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeah, good price, they go a little higher around here too. Of course you could lay down $450 all in twenties, looks like a lot of money in one pile,and say and lets make a deal, ya never know, it might be yours.

Good Luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
At a gun show in Ft. Worth today, a standard 1991AI best price was $469.00 and stainless for $100 more.

I stated in a previous post that I ran across an outfit on the web that says they sell guns 5% over cost. They listed as an example a New Colt 1991A1 for $389.99 It is Statewide Pawn Shop out of St. George, Utah. Nobody stated any experience with them, good, bad, or indifferent. What you have to factor in is finding an FFL to do the transfer and what they would charge, and shipping. You can find some FFL's to do transfers on gun auction and brokerage sites on thw web
http://www.sbshow.com/UT?StatewidePawnShop/

Hope this helps a little.

------------------
Americans have the right and advantages of being armed- unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -James Madison, The Federalist Papers

"If you don't defend my 2nd Amendment, I won't be able to defend your 1st." ~Blondie

[This message has been edited by Kevin R (edited 06-09-2001).]

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I only see them used in Elko 6 months ago and now Las Vegas. And the used pricing is $550 for S/S and $450 blue park used. If I was still interested in 91s I might have more info. I'm on to bigger fish the Trophy S/S maybe again(already bought and sold one). And the almight Special Combat Government(can't wait to see one for $1000). I love my 91 and would'nt trade my 91 or the 91 experience for a SAA 45LC from anothers Walker to SAA experience during 1899. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
370 Posts
turners in SoCal puts them on sale for $499 on occasion, regular price is arount $580

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heh heh heh
just found one, "used" (but I can't tell at all) for $439, with the stainless barrel and alum trigger-I guess one of the newer ones?
sounds like i done good.
can't wait to shoot it.
thanks all
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
560 Posts
Here in Fl I got a 1991 A1 a1 stainless new for 550 out the door last week, local range has the same gun for 900 before taxes and it will be there for a long time , according to him they are out of production. He is in my opinion pricing himself out of bussiness, his used gun prices are higher than new ones in other shops in town.

·
Registered
54 Posts
BP45 = turners regular price is $699, and they had it on sale a couple of weeks back for $599. that's way i've decided to put one on layaway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
O1091LH3 Colt 1991A1, Matte Stainless with Videcki Trigger, BO-MAR sights and X-Grips.

In SC, List $889, Purchased for $750 on 5/30

You buys your tickets and you takes your chances. My local gunshop has a wild range of prices. Some are excellent prices on high end guns, and some are $100 over new retail for a well used gun. Unfortunately, that's the rule more than the exception in my experience.

Whether at a gunshop or gun show, the best negotiator you can have is a pile of cash sitting on the table.

Don't abuse the dealers, though. I'll pay a little more than I could get the same thing for over the Internet because I like having someplace to go hang out on Saturday afternoons after I've been to the range.

Tom

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Neal:
Yeah, good price, they go a little higher around here too. Of course you could lay down $450 all in twenties, looks like a lot of money in one pile,and say and lets make a deal, ya never know, it might be yours.

Good Luck
Ken, show me how to lay down $450 in all twenties.
Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts