1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE FOUND A NIB PRESENTATION GRADE D.E. FOR $1100.00 IS THIS GUN WORTH PAYING THIS KIND OF PRICE. ALSO I'VE HEARD COLT IS RE-RELEASING THE D.E. SOMETIME IN 04 WOULD THE VALUE ON THE PRESENTATION GRADE DROP?
THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT IN ADVANCE!!!!

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
If you think it's a good price...go for it. However, keep in mind used Deltas can be found in the $500 neighborhood. Not knowing what Colt may bring back in '04, it's hard to say if the value of the presentation Delta will be impacted.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
LITTLEMAN151 said:
I'VE FOUND A NIB PRESENTATION GRADE D.E. FOR $1100.00 IS THIS GUN WORTH PAYING THIS KIND OF PRICE. ALSO I'VE HEARD COLT IS RE-RELEASING THE D.E. SOMETIME IN 04 WOULD THE VALUE ON THE PRESENTATION GRADE DROP?
THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT IN ADVANCE!!!!
First of all, DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! :)

Second, that price is about $400 too high, unless it is one of the funky limited edition models.

Third, I really doubt Colt is going to re-introduce the Delta anytime soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry my caps lock was stuck:p

This d.e. is the first edition, blued, wood grips, with the presentation case, 1 of 500 made.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Are you buying it as a shooter, or as a speculator?

If you're speculating on its future value, you'll have a long wait for it to appreciate significantly above that price.

If you're planning to shoot it, that's all the value it will ever have, and will drop to at lest $500 less than that price immediately.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
LITTLEMAN151 said:
This d.e. is the first edition, blued, wood grips, with the presentation case, 1 of 500 made.
Different story, that's a good price for that gun. However, it is strictly a collector's piece... you really shouldn't shoot it if you want it to keep its value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the imput. Not sure yet if i'm going to drop that kind of money on something thats going to just collect dust in my gun safe.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Where are you guys finding used Deltas for $500? I haven't seen any near that price, but I think if I did, I might just buy one.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
uhh Sam, you do know that that isn't tobacco in that pipe you're smokin' don't ya? ;) Never seen a nice Delta under $800.00 around here.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Every now and again, one will show up on Thehighroad.org for a fair price. I picked one up cheap last month. I ain't going to say, because it would be rubbing it in. :)

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
UdontnoME said:
uhh Sam, you do know that that isn't tobacco in that pipe you're smokin' don't ya? ;) Never seen a nice Delta under $800.00 around here.
Well, I could have paid more for a stainless Delta Gold Cup for $750....but I missed out by a day or so.

Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
SamColtFan said:
Well, I could have paid more for a stainless Delta Gold Cup for $750....but I missed out by a day or so.

Regards,
Sam
:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts