1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to trade a 4" stainless GP100 + $300 cash for a LNIB Stainless Springer Loaded. I can't hit a barn from inside with the Ruger and it's been collecting dust in my safe since about 1990.

The Springfield comes with the molded case, kydex holster & mag holders, + 4 mags. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Check Gunpoker for the latest "ask" on the Springer Loaded, as well as the Ruger and "do the math". I have not looked lately, but I purchased a NIB Loaded Target 9mm for $900 (later sold it for $1000). The prices jumped up into the $1100 range and had moderated a bit last time I looked. Gunpoker is no bible by any means, but it can give you an idea of what both are worth. I have a neighbor that is a Ruger nut and I change springs for him....never ask him what he pays though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I paid $920 out the door on my stainless Loaded with fixed Novac sights back in April 2013. NIB in a small East Texas shop.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
LNIB isn't new to me. Like others may have said, the most I would give up is $200 boot to make it a good deal for you. There are going to be lots of 1911s turning up soon IMHO, I just don't think demand is going to keep up with current production. JMHO of course.

Molded case, kydex holster & mag holders ( latter two you will never use ) are things you will never probably shouldn't consider of value.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: The Springer is unfired since purchased new, and I got him down to $250 difference. GP100's seem to be going for around $500-$550 so I figure the 1911 is about an $800 dollar gun. Thanks for the tips guys, I'll put them to use next time around!

This is the first time in nearly 30 years I haven't had a wheel gun in the house. Next time around may be sooner than later...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally picked up the Loaded on Friday. Field stripped, replaced FLGR and spring with a GI GR and a new Wolf 16 pounder, lubed and headed to the range. I only had time for about 100 rounds, no muss, no fuss. When I did my part it easily held about 1 1/2" at 15 yards and quite a few went through the same hole Trigger felt a little gritty, slide to frame is tight but free, all 4 mags ran fine as did an old Colt shooting star mag that was rolling around my range bag.

Detail stripped when I got home, again, no issues, trigger feels much better after a good scrubbing. Very pleased with my first S.A. 1911

1 - 8 of 8 Posts