1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods: I am not trying to buy or sell anything here, just seeking assistance.

I am looking at potentially my first Colt. (Not my first 1911-I have a SA loaded Gov't and a Micro.) What I am looking at appears to be a stock, stainless series 80 gov't model. Solid trigger, standard sites, hammer, thumb and grip safeties. Rubber grips with pony medallion that wrap around the front strap. Round MSH. Right side of slide has small "COLT GOVERNMENT MODEL", left side "COLT MK IV" over "Series 80" and Pony. Seller says '85-'86 mfr. General appearance is good/very good. (Just a shooter.) Can someone help me out with what this may be worth? I am actually looking at a trade but I want to make sure cash value of what I'm getting is at least close to what I am trading.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Unmolested, I would say between $500 and $600 would be what the value would be for this weapon. Now, if it was in a shop, maybe more.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
BOSSHOFF said:
Unmolested, I would say between $500 and $600 would be what the value would be for this weapon. Now, if it was in a shop, maybe more.
I agree, same pricing on a MKIV in my area

·
Registered
324 Posts
Between 600-700 in Dallas from what I've seen.

Brian

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
If it has the rubber wraparound grips and a steel trigger, it is likely a 1989-1990 production. If the trigger is plastic, then it was made in the 1990-1992 time frame. If the slide has angled serrations and a flat-top slide, then it's an "Enhanced" model and was made between 1992 and 1997.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Round top slide. Straight vertical cocking serrations. If the trigger is plastic, what color would it be? The trigger appears to be of the same material as the grip safety. (A brush or matte stainless?-not as polished as the slide/frame)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts