1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently been introduced to Charles Daly 45s. I had a chance the other day to handle, caress, and fondle a CD Field FS. I am in love. I am really impressed with the overall quality of the workmanship put into this piece.

However, I am not impressed with the price that is attached to it. They want to charge me $469.95 but, after reviewing the messages in this particular section of the forum, I see that I must go back and do some serious bartering. This price is the MSRP directly from the manufacturer.

Listen, the Authorites are already taking a bite out of us with all of these fees for owning a gun, driving up the price for Hi-Cap magazines due to the new restrictions, and not allowing us the right to purchase as many firearms as we want. I don't need the retailer trying to get what's left to help line his pocket.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Just curious...how nice was it? Afterall, Kimber, Springfields, Wilsons et al, are up to two, three, four or five times that much.

My point is that if you really like it, it doesn't seem like too high a price. I do feel though, that no matter price, if you can get a better deal, then the more power to you. But don't let a few bucks spoil your chance for a 1911 that you really like.

Good luck and enjoy!
Galileo

[This message has been edited by Galileo (edited 08-29-2000).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments, Galileo. Your feedback is definitely appreciated. I do presently own a Para-Ordnance P13 and a Springfield Full-Size Goverment model that I have customized myself. I just wanted another 45 that had a lot of the additional bells and whistles included at a very reasonable price just to compare and compete with what I already have.

I do think that the store that has the Charles Daly that I am interested in may just be mistaken on the advertised price. This store usually has the best prices in town. (I should know because I have purchased over ten handguns from them in the last six years based on that fact alone.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts