1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $914.00 a good price for a Pro CDP II? This will be used for CCW. Should I stay with the 4 in or go longer or shorter? Also how do the CDP's compare to the Tacticals? Also this will be my first 1911. I hope to enjoy!

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Not a bad price. The CDP has more of a meltdown treatment and doesn't come with a magwell. Both have night sights, front strap checkering and ambi safety. Specs show the Tactical is 1/4" taller but weight is the same....so they say.

I have a Pro CDP and have shot a Pro Tactical quite a bit, not a Tactical Pro and they both shoot very well with manageable recoil. A 5" is easier to sight but once you get used to the shorter sight radius, accuracy is very good.

I've put about 6K through my Pro CDP and notice no wear on the alloy frame yet.

M

·
0 Posts
I've seen them for as little as $849.95 but that was a few months ago and it was a dealer that I know and buy a considerable amount of gear from.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the best price I've found is $890 online, from two sources.. so your price is slightly higher, but still pretty good

I picked up a Pro CDP II a couple months back, and I'm very happy with it.. I was debating between it and the Pro Tactical II, but decided the meltdown treatment was desirable for my CCW piece, while the magwell was not

the 4" barrel is no problem for CCW.. as many people on here tell you, the barrel length really isn't a concern with concealment.. it's the grip that tends to 'print'.. the compact would probably be a better choice.. but I felt I had better control with the 'pro' size, so I stuck with that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where on the web are the cheaper CDP's? I've also been told to buy wilson magazines for the CDP, what type should I get (was told to get the 47, but there are different types, which is the best?). Furthermore, since I love the feeling of the full grip should I consider the 5 in barrel since barrel size does not effect consealability? Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think I paid something like $850 for mine about a year ago. I have the Compact. I would't want to go anything less than the 4" bbl. Better sight radius. For me the .45 is plenty to handle coming out of a 28 oz 4" bbl gun. Recoil is not bad...just enough that I can still shoot muliple targets quickly at the range.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
young.45 said:
Where on the web are the cheaper CDP's? I've also been told to buy wilson magazines for the CDP, what type should I get (was told to get the 47, but there are different types, which is the best?). Furthermore, since I love the feeling of the full grip should I consider the 5 in barrel since barrel size does not effect consealability? Thanks for the replies.
I don't believe KImber or anyone else makes a 5" (full size )with the shorter grip. The compact has a 4" barrel with a shorter grip 4.75". The pro carry's I believe have the 5" barrel with the full size grip. You might check out the model gun on the Kimber site then check out specs to see what they offer.

I have the basic compact (My first 1911) and the accuracy and mild recoil are fantastic. I had a H&K compact in 40 that had alot more recoil than the Kimber. I think the single stack mag makes a thinner grip on the 1911 style guns so you get a firmer grip than on the other brands. (glock, Beretta, H&K). Those brands do make some models with single stack mags which make there grips thinner also. I have only fired a Beretta compact Type M and it was a great shooter also.

Stay with at least the 4" barrel or longer with the 45 round. (velosity issue) The compact is about $300. cheaper than the compact with the CDP.

plunker

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Call Steve at Scottsdale gun center in Scottsdale AZ, he WILL have the best prices out there and the lowest shipping, plus his customer service is great...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts