1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a show in Houston today, was hoping to get a SW1911 but my other sell didn't happen. I saw a SW1911 for $639 and was wondering if that is about as low as it gets for a new gun. The ones I've seen in shops were all over $700 so I thought the $639 price tag was very good. Also, I just registered today and want to say this is the place for 1911 info. What a great site.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's about the lowest price that I've seen anybody post. The only ones I've seen for less, is one guy who picked one up that was used. Apparently a LEO purchased it for duty, but then was denied it's use. So he had to sell it. In fact, I think it's one of our forum brothers who picked it up.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
From what I have seen in the Austin area that is a very good price. I paid more then that for the one I picked up. :rolleyes:

Stacey

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really wish I had been able to sell my USP45. There were two other dealers there with SW1911s and both of them were selling at $669. I did notice that the one for $639 had a serial number low enough to put it in the recall. Maybe that had something to do with the low price.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also think that's an excellent price. An awful lot of people paid $700+ when they first came out. Maybe price has come down a little bit, but I still thing anything less than $675 is a good deal.

BTW - I've put about 1000 rounds through mine with 0 problems. Very tight, well put together and accurate. Mine has a serial number below 1000 so it's one of the recalled ones, and in fact is currently at s&w, so I wouldn't be afraid of lower serial numbers. S&W has been very good about taking care of problem.

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you didn't buy it for $640, you can start kicking yourself anytime now.:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looking to purchase myself

I just left a gun shop and looked at the SW1911. I never gave them much of a consideration until I held one. I really like it. Very balanced feeling gun.

Can any of you who own one tell me how you like it and how it compares to Kimber, Para or Springfield? The price seems pretty good. Just looking for opinions as I am planning to purchase in the near future. Our local shop had it on sale for $679, however I'm going to a gun show this weekend.

Any input?

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts