1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I load 230 grain Golden Saber JHP over 5.2 grains of Bullseye. The cases are mixed. In addition, I load on a Dillon XL-650 loader.

Now the question: Which primers seem to work best in the 650 for that load? I have been using CCI, but they seem to have some quality problems. That is - some of the CCI primers are out of round and some have minute fragments sticking out of them. Needless to say my loader doesn't like them too well.

Thinking about going to Winchester - any suggestions?

Mark

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So far, my 650 likes Winchester, Federal, and Remington primers. Haven't had any problems at all with either of these brands.

------------------
"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size;

When trouble rises, call on me and I will equalize."

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have had several batches of WW primers that would not feed through my Dillons.
So I switched to Remington and no more problem.

I have used well over a 1,000,000 WW primers with no problems until they quit nickle plating them.
I even called Winchester and asked for replacement of the 25,000 primers I had from the same lot. But they said no way.

I also have never had a problem with Federal primers but their packaging sucks.

Mike

------------------
Mike Benedict
Custom Kydex Holsters

Talon Tactical Holsters

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dillon used to recommend against using CCI but now say it is Okay. I use them but do have problems once in a great while particularlly with out of round primers being crushed when being seated. I going to switch to Winchester.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cranked out about 600 rounds yesterday using the new gold colored Winchesters. They worked perfect. Happy camper - should I say shooter again. By the way I very slightly lubed the cases on a old beach towel then did the shake and bake routine on them. Boy did they reload easy. Guys, thanks for all the great advice.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts