1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
They work fine. Not my first choice. But with primers still kinda hard to find they are a blessing.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Powder Valley was showing availability on Wolf primers. Just scored 5k each of small/large pistol!!
You must of got them all. They are out now. :bawling:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Widener's had Wolf LP as of Tuesday, haven't been on their site since I drove down and picked up 5K. Wolf was also not my first choice for primers, but I've shot over 1000 without any problems.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Widener's had Wolf LP as of Tuesday, haven't been on their site since I drove down and picked up 5K. Wolf was also not my first choice for primers, but I've shot over 1000 without any problems.
I just checked, they are still showing Wolf LP in stock, $29/1000. They also have PMC SP NT primers in stock, which I have never seen before. I wish now that I didn't trash all of my NT brass!
http://www.wideners.com

·
Registered
320 Posts
No experience with their primers. But I can say that as in many companies these days not ALL their stuff is bad. I shoot .22s that were ordered as Wolf Match and the carton said Lapua. Best shooting .22s I've had. Of course I did, buy them on sale and still paid $3 or so a box. Heard that Wolf bought Lapua, and that they are made in the same German factory. So who knows whuz zup with the primers? As long as they go bang, I'm happy for the time being.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Primers

I ordered CCI small rifle primers yesterday from Natchez for $25.21/1000.....they limited the order to 5000. I bought some powder as well. Later the same day they showed "out of stock." They were completely out of all other primers, as was Midway, and Wideners.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wolf primers are great and widely used by match shooters. Never had an issue with any of mine and lately they seem to pop up more than the US brands.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have used thousands of Wolf SRM primers for my AR with no problems. However I bought some Wolf SP and have loaded about 400 and have had two that didn't go bang in my XD9. I had one today, ejected it, and reloaded into the magazine and it went off the second time. I never had this problem with Winchester, but you can't get these so I guess it really doesn't matter. I'll still use them since I am mainly plinking, but a little concerned because I'm thinking about getting back into IDPA after a layoff of a couple of years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've loaded close to 2000 rounds of .45 acp using Wolf primers and all have functioned without a hiccup. I have also loaded up some long range .223 ammo using Wolf small rifle magnums and they have performed surprisingly well out to 600-700 yards with a 77 gr. bullet. The only bad thing I've noticed on these is that the primer cups are thicker and require a bit more force to seat than other brands.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wideners has PMC pistol primers in stock as of about 5min ago but they are SPENDY at $177 for 5k. I can get CCI thru Grafs with my discount for $92 for 5k. Everyone is getting rich off this shortage except us and a few honest retailers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts