1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could someone tell me what exactly are the differences in these two Kimbers?

The HD is a compact all SS like the compact stainless right? And both are 4 inch barrels with the bull barrel?

I have looked thru the specs but guess I am missing it one has the Kimber # ending in 33 (the compact SS) the others is their number 54..
anyway, any info is good. I do prefer the 4 inch barrel and all SS
thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
guees I will reply / add to my question

ok.. looking much closer at the specs for both it appears the only difference is the compact is really the shorter grips (officers model right?) and the PRO HD is the full size frame?? they are 1/2 inch shorter in height..

is that the only differnce?

Is the compact really a Officer's size (willl accessories that sell for a officer's size fit the compact??
The PRO is the commander size??

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Pro Carry HD II vs. Compact SS

ddpelp said:
ok.. looking much closer at the specs for both it appears the only difference is the compact is really the shorter grips (officers model right?) and the PRO HD is the full size frame?? they are 1/2 inch shorter in height..

is that the only differnce?
ddpelp,
You are correct.
*The HD Pro Carry has the full size government frame and 4" slide with the cone shaped bull barrel. The Pro Carry models are the closest in size to a Commander.
*The Compact models have the officers size frame and 4" slide with the cone shaped bull barrel.

Both models are very popular. You would be happy with either one.:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
One other thing to note. the Pro Carry HD has a stainless frame.
The regular Pro Carry Stainless has an aluminum frame.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
That silly half-inch makes a HUGE difference to some folks when it comes to concealing. Want a perfect 4"? Bobtail a steel Pro!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts