1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) yep Kimber replaced my external extractor. I will post pics when I get home. I just picked up the "heater" from the dealer.

For those of you who may remember my posts from earlier I bought a Pro Carry II s/s in mid july that had MAJOR extraction problems. I kept hoping it was breakin problem but it was not.

I took it back to the dealer (who agreed b/f I purchased it to take care of me if there was a problem) and he sent it off to factory on 8/18.

A couple of weeks ago I was getting ready to start really complaining when I came across that thread that stated Kimber is probably going back to internal extractors.

I sent an email to Dennis asking for status of gun. Ann responded that repairs had been made and gun will be sent out in a day or two. Well 2 weeks later I followed up w/ another email and in this one I put that "I would be ok w/ them replacing the external w/ internal extractor."

She responded the next day (a few days ago) stating that in fact my slide has been replaced. I still waited until I saw it b/c I was not sure if that meant I got the internal or another external w/ different slide.

Went and picked it up today and YEP INTERNAL EXTRACTOR!

The work order stated...

Barrel Chamber, reamed
Extracor Replaced 120
Barrel Chamber Polished
Slide, replaced

I will take it out this weekend for the REAL TEST, but I have to admit it was worth the wait for an internal extractor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
New slide with internal extractor

I just got my Tactical Ultra II back from Kimber. I sent it in because of terrible extraction and feeding problems (it had the external extractor).

I called a few times to follow up on the repairs. They said they were waiting for a new batch of slides to be made and as soon as they had a new one they would replace my slide and ship it back to me.

To my pleasant surprise, when I got the pistol back it had a new slide with the Internal Extractor!!! I am very happy about that. It looks like they did a fabulous job on it too. I will try to get to the range this week to try it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ultra II (Rental Gun)

Guys,
I just purchased a Ultra II fom my local gun shop. They got it from Kimber last year for their rental case. I told the owner that when he can put it up for sale to give me a call. He did and I bought it just before Christmas.
Yes it has the extenal extractor, But so does my TLE / RL. They keep records of the rental guns and how many times they rent them, and this little beauty was only rented once the whole year with one box of shells run through it. After I bought it I decided to put it to the test and shot 350 rounds of my various reloads and had ZERO problems.
The owner told me that when they purchase a rental that the manufacture make sure it is in premo working order. I beleive it because this baby is one fine Kimber and the fith one in my Kimber stable.
Cool Huh?
:rock:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a Pro Carry II with the internal extractor and it's now at 650 rnds with NO problems what so ever. The most accurate pistol that I have ever shot and it's now my CCW piece. Use Wilson 47D mags, also with NO problems. :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.