1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the original sights on my Stainless Pro Carry, but they tend to blurr a little on me when shooting. Every once and a while I have to pause and blink a few times when firing. Not something I want to be doing with a CCW ;)

Does anyone know of a good replacement set of sights? Something that is the same size/profile of the originals but Tritium? :D

·
Administrator
76,559 Posts
My favorite (by far) are the Novak sights for Kimbers. And that's coming from a bona-fide anti-ski-jump sight kinda guy. :eek:

·
Registered
504 Posts
My local Kimber dealer/range store/gunsmith put Kimber factory <eprolights on my Pro Carry for $100 total. Whne the front sight went out a few months later, he replaced it for free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dsk & tcdrennen! :D

I went on to http://www.novaksights.com/ and looked at thier products. I like thier dovetail carry sights. They have a nice 3-Dot night set and a Bar/Dot night set. Very low profile which is what I want.

Novak has a service where you can send off your slide and a work order to thier factory and they do all the work for you, including any milling if required. Anyone on the firum ever done that? Not sure how I feel about sending off part of my pride and joy :confused:

I was thinking about ordering them through a local gunsmith who came highly recommended and letting him install them.

What would you do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts