1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off i am good shooter, and i know this pistol is an up close defense weapon.

either i got a lemon or this is just normal.

but my micro S.A shoots tighter groups then this pistol!

i simply cant get this PRO ultra CDPII to group worth a crap, and i am talking at like 30 feet!

·
Registered
626 Posts
3" barrels - what's the difference in sight radius'? Trigger Pull?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I haven't set down with my CDP yet and tried for good groups- got about 150 rounds through it- but at 30' it is easily showing 3" groups. This justfrom shooting casually over a bench.
Hope yours is doing better than that.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I also don't try to create "groups" like a rifle. I'm satisfied that it hits where I aim, and I'm interested in seeing what I can do with it off hand, because that's how it's going to be used when the rubber meets the road. My relative comparisons are standardized off-hand at 15 yds. The CDP is not as accurate as my Colt GCT, but that's to be expected. Besides, groups are also a function of ammo quality. But again, I'm not sure I compare the same way I would with a rifle. I have a rifle rest and bench rest bags to shoot my rifle with. No such paraphanelia for the pistols.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Off hand, my Springfield Micro beats my ProCDP, slightly.
My 4" Springfield LW Operator, is clearly on top of the threesome. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I consider the accuracy on my PRO CDP II to be excellent. Of course I pay more attention to my grip because of the lightness due to the aluminum frame and the somewhat greater recoil because of the 4" barrel length.

I have no problem with my PRO CDP II. :rock:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
PRO CDPII, whats your accuracy like?

Excellent!:)

Also for some reason the recoil, when compared to a Pro Carry SLE and a SA Champion, "appears" less on the PRO CDP. It shoots really nice with HST's.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
:) I have all four of the CDP models. All shoot much better than I can. At seven yards offhand can keep a magazine full in the size of a half dollar to a quarter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Send it back to Kimber there is something wrong with it - This is the 4 inch barrel your talking about CORRECT???

I see some have mentioned 3 inch in this thread ? So please clarify is this 4 or 3 inch barrel.

If it's a 4 inch barrel you definitely NEED to get it looked at-that is clearly unacceptable for a 4 inch model.:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes its a pro CPDII in 4"

i know its light and the recoil isnt all that bad, maybe i should get it looked at.

ill try calling them today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts