1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about this pistol? I am considering it. Sounds like the real deal. How would it compare to a, say, Les Baer SRP? Or a Wilson CQB?
Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's comparable to the CQB in many ways. What the CB has that the Springfield won't is:

1) The Wilson is dehorned. The Springfield has really sharp edges. They can and will eat up holsters and you probably don't want them on a carry gun.

2) The CQB is a Wilson Combat gun. The Wilson name has a lot of, well deserved, cache.

3) The CQB comes with a lot of cool stuff--Wilson hat, gun rag, video, grease, etc.

Of the two, I would probably buy the Wilson. Why? Because I already have a Springfield. The TRP plus the cost of dehorning (and refinishing if nessessary) will cost you as much as the CQB. The CQB will have something like a 6 month wait time.

Just one note, a buddy of mine got his CQB about two months ago, and has noticed that there is a fair amount of holster wear. Not a big deal, but annoying on a $1,700 gun. He did, however, just order another CQB from Wilson (with a shorter barrel), so it isn't a big issue to him.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BR, thanks for the feedback, are you sure you are talking about the Pro model? It is different and superior to the TRP...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Pro is another league that the TRP. It's built from the ground up and is really a custom pistol, not semi-custom. It's dehorned and is the pistol that passed the FBI tests, don't think Wilson's did!

I own a Bureau model, which preceeded the Professional, but is in essence the same gun. I LOVE it and shoots great and has been totally reliable and 1" accurate. I owned a Baer, not a Wilson though, and this blows away.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The SRP was the pistol before the TPR/PRO...The folks that "Have" them swear by them...Some who don't, don't have much to say...There are quite a few forum members that opted for the PRO in the recent months...The ones I've heard from LOVE THEM!!!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a Professional Model. As I have said before, I don't think they get better. Maybe different, but not better. Match accuracy and combat reliability.

As a bonus, you get Springfield's customer service and Lifetime Warranty.

Sorry, but I have no experience with the Wilson or Baer.

However, you won't be disappointed with the Professional Model.

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Pro Models are about as good as it gets...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the Professional model now I'm getting a Professional model built with the shorter Champion slide from the Springfield custom shop. But this was my beginning to 1911's so I have nothing to compare it to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts