1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Missiouri Mule:cool: , I read about the Wolff XP external extractor spring and the problems he was having. My pro raptor was having alot of issues failing to extract. Dennis at Kimber sent the new style extractor out to me and I installed. It took care of most of the FTE's but still was not reliable. I found the post from MM and thught I'd give the spring a try, what could it hurt. Well it fired thru 250 rds last night and not a single issue. I used WWB/UMC/CCI Blazer brass and aluminum both/ Gold dot's. all 230 gr. Like I said not a problem. This should be almost a required upgrade to the external extractor pistols that don't work. Thanks for all the info and help from the members here. By the way it shoots darn nice.
When I talked to ennis I mention that I thought it might be a problem with the extractor spring tension and he said it didn't have anything to do with the type of problem I was having. Springs are around 12.00 for a 3 pak shipped. Cheaper to try them out than to send the pistol back once. . Thanks again Ron

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.