1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a lot of external extractor problems discussed in the forum. Just thought I would report that I've fired about 700 rounds through a Pro Raptor II I bought about a month ago. I've only used Winchester 230 grain FMJ whitebox ammo in it, and it has functioned fine: no extraction problems. A couple of times during the break-in period I had jams, where a round stovepiped being chambered, but not in the last 200 rounds. I still occasionally get a piece of spent brass in the face, but that's it. The advice from Kimber, in the owners manual, is to use only oil on it, but I have been using Tetra grease (light application) on the rails, and FP-10 everywhere else. I field strip and clean it thoroughly after every range session. The weapons fires as good as it looks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I also purchased a Pro Raptor II recently and I'm also happy to say I've had no problems with it what so ever.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Oddly enough, our dealer just got a PRII in and I see that it has the internal extractor..........hmmmmmmmmmmm:scratch:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I saw a brand new one yesterday with internal as well. If they had it in the custom size, I would have bought it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.