1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing one of my favorite gun store web site when I came across this beauty at a fantastic price so I put it on layaway. It is a Fusion Pro Series stainless 1911 in 10mm. I am going to send it to Fusion and have it bobtailed. The only choice to make is do I have them refinish the lower in matte or coat the receiver in one of their black finishes. I like the idea of a reverse two-tone

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
A reverse two-tone would look really good. Nice gun!

I’m on my third Fusion and I really like Bob’s guns a lot. They include some nice touches that really suit my taste such as the way they round/blend/de/horn the corners on their slides.

I’m glad you’re happy with the purchase. Keep an eye out for more great guns by Bob and his team!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Congrats Pacecars! That is a fine looking pistol and I love 10mm. I think that reverse finish will look awesome as well. Let us know how it shoots!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Nice looking pistol, I love the 10mm and the Fusion pistols. I am thinking of my next Fusion to be a 2-tone also. I want to go with a matte chrome frame, black slide and black controls. I think this would be a nice combination. I will let you know what I settle on.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Very nice, We can do about any finishing combination you would like, just email in through the website.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I have been emailing with Tyler about it. Definitely doing the bobtail. Still deciding on the finish.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I may try it the way it is for hunting and some pin shooting

·
Registered
909 Posts
I am saving up for a 10mm Freedom series long-slide for my next purchase from Fusion. It will be my 4th Fusion but my first long-slide. I can't wait, hopefully a Christmas present to myself.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I bought a Wilson Combat EDC X9 for carry so I am going to go a different route with this one and still send it to Fusion and have the bobtail done and have it milled for an RMR and then two toned still. I just need to decide which RMR so I can send it in with it. I will make it a dedicated hunting and pin gun. I have always wanted to try pin shooting and found a local range that has one on Thursdays

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sending the last payment to get her out of layaway! I will have to shoot it a few times and then send it to Fusion for the Bob tail and milling the slide. Still haven’t made up my mind on the finish. I guess the easiest and cheapest would be to have it refinished like it is now and put more money in the optic.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered the Holosun so as soon as it gets here I will send everything off to Fusion. I still keep waffling about the finish

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed my mind again(?)! I think I am going to do it in stages. I am going to send the slide in with the Holosun and have it refinished as is with the polished sides and matte top. I want to shoot it with the standard grip with the optic to see how it handles before having it bobtailed. Since it is not going to be a concealed carry gun the bobtail’s main advantage may not be needed although I do like the way they handle when shooting them

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I had basically the same exact gun in 10mm made for me about 6 years ago from Fusion. I did the reverse two-tone scheme on mine also and it is incredibly built! Tight as can be and smooth as butter. Shoots amazingly also.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The slide and Holosun are on the way to Fusion! Changed it up and decided to go with Black Shield on the slide

1 - 19 of 19 Posts