1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm think about buying a Pro Tac for CCW purposes. I currently have a Glock 30, what are the advantages of carring the Pro Tac over the G30?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I carry a Tactical Pro II. I also own a Glock 27 and have had other glocks to include a 30. 1) Certainly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder; but, the classic lines of the 1911 are hard to beat. 2) the 1911 design is slimmer and easier to carry. 3) The trigger pull is IMO vastly superior to the spongy feel of a glock. 4) And for some reason I hit better with a 1911. Probably the ideal grip angle which it makes it a natural pointer. If you go with the Tac Pro, remember it has an aluminum frame and it's best to use magazine with non-metal followers like the Wilson combat series. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Kimber Pro Tac vs. Glock 30

young.45 said:
I'm think about buying a Pro Tac for CCW purposes. I currently have a Glock 30, what are the advantages of carring the Pro Tac over the G30?
As you probably already know, although the G30 is an excellent and reliable handgun, it is one FAT little sucker when it comes to CCW. You'll give up 2 rds. with the Pro Tactical, but will have a much slimmer profile for CCW. My preference would definitely be the Pro Tactical.:cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I also have a Tac Pro II, I've been carrying it for about 3 months and it has basically replaced my SIG 239. I have small hands, and the design of the 1911 is very comfortable for me. I for one have never cared for the Glock design. But friends of mine swear by their Glocks. But since your asking, I SAY GO WITH THE KIMBER:D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Young 45, Yes I sold the Glock 30 and will sell the Glock 27 and buy a Kimber Ultra Carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts