1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun is a Colt Defender. I just got the gun back from colt for some warranty work. One of the issues was the fact that the spent cartridges are going straight up into the air or straight over my head with the occasional one hitting me right in the forehead (yeah it has even drawn some blood!) I really don't want to pay $70 and wait 4 weeks to get back the gun that should have had the problem fixed in the first place. Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Check the obvious first...

Is the extractor tensioned properly? Is the ejector loose or broken? Is the firing pin stop fit correctly to prevent the extractor from turning (clocking)? Are there brass marks on or around the ejection port that would indicate that the brass may be contacting the frame?

I would still suggest you send it back to Colt and ask them to correct the problem, unless it is very apparent what the cause is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on how to check the tension on the extractor. Since the gun has done this since new and just came back from colt I would assume the ejector is not broken or hopefully loose. Also not sure on how to check the firing pin stop...

·
Registered
117 Posts
BadHabit said:
Gun is a Colt Defender. I just got the gun back from colt for some warranty work. One of the issues was the fact that the spent cartridges are going straight up into the air or straight over my head with the occasional one hitting me right in the forehead (yeah it has even drawn some blood!) I really don't want to pay $70 and wait 4 weeks to get back the gun that should have had the problem fixed in the first place. Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks
If I read that right the cartridge extraction was an issue before you sent it back to colt, and is still an issue now....

send it back, apparently they didn't fix it and then make them pay for shipping (since this is the second time around)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the damn thing back though......If they would pay shipping and get it back in a couple of weeks then that would work.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts