1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Premier II about a month and a half ago directly from Les Baer. I've had two problems with the pistol since taking ownership.

The slide frame fit was extremely tight to the point where the slide would not go into battery after firing a round. I put about 500 rounds through it figuring it would loosen up which it did not. I spoke to Les and he said to clean the gun thoroughly and see what happens. Gun was diassembled and cleaned. That cured the first problem.

The other problem is with the trigger. The trigger has alot of creep in it and is just not a smooth action on the follow through. Les told me that it may have to do with the disconnector and to fire off a couple hundred more rounds which should "make it right". I have done this and the trigger is just as bad as the day I got it.

I was just curious if any body else has had problems with their Les Baer triggers? I have had alot of custom work done on my factory 1911's by Wilson, Clark Custom, and Ten Ring Precision and have never had a problem. Is this something I will have to live with or will Les Baer make it right?

Paul

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome to the site. I got my PII back in January and it's performed perfectly since day one. My trigger pull is heavier then my other custom gun but it's very crisp.

Since you have already talked to Mr.Baer himself, another call shouldn't be difficult to request for a service to further fine tuning the trigger pull. I don't know if that is covered by the warranty or not, but a polite request should do the job. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts