1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several shooting star mags (8rds) I am using in my Kimber Custom CDP. They all feed great, but I am having an irritating problem with one of them. The next to the last shot locks the slide open, and the remaining cartridge pops out of the mag (but stays in the pistol on top of the mag.

I was thinking the lower lip of the follower is probably out of shape or something?

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Instead of fixing it, I would replace it with a new one. I would then use the broken mag to top off the gun and for dry fire reload practice.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The Shooting Star mags are inexpensive enough to be considered somewhat expendable. A great number of feeding problems can be traced to the magazines as opposed to the gun. If this is a new magazine I would seek a replacement from Chip McCormick, if it is an older mag with a few miles on it then a rebuild with a spring and follower might revive it. If you elect not to replace or repair the mag I would mark it and use it to practice clearing jams, fail to feeds etc but I would not keep it with my supply of mags that I could count on to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts