1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Trojan in 9mm does not lock up correctly. In battery, the slide is very difficult to move. Takes 2 hands, then it clicks open. seems to
fnction when firing, but to rack the slide requires too much effort. could the link be the wrong length?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Try pulling the hammer back BEFORE racking the slide. This may help. It shouldn't be that hard to open the slide -- perhaps there's something wrong with the gun. I suggest that you give STI a call.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't explain myself very well. I may have solved the problem. I believe the slide release is the problem. like the slide and/or barrel locks to the frame. Takes force to un-lock the slide and move it to thr rear. everybody that tried it could not move the slide with one hand until it popped loose. bad choice of words. two hands, one on back of slide and one forward to move the slide. I could feel the slide break loose. believe the slide release is hindering movement of the slide.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
They build em tight... my gaurdian was kind of like that when I got it... took twice the effort as any other 1911 I've ever owned to rack. I thought there is no way it will function but a few drops of oil and she is at 450 flawless rounds!

After the first box of ammo, it seemed much easier to manipulate by hand and felt normal after about 150 rds.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as a trial, I switched slide releases on my RO and the STO. Presto, both functioned. It is not that the slide is tight, I believe the slide release is binding on the barrel. STI has been no help. no return phone call or part. The sti slide release is a very rough mim part

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as a trial, I switched slide releases on my RO and the STO. Presto, both functioned. It is not that the slide is tight, I believe the slide release is binding on the barrel. STI has been no help. no return phone call or part. The sti slide release is a very rough mim part

·
Registered
470 Posts
if you think that's tight stay away from Les Baer pistols

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I didn't explain myself very well. I may have solved the problem. I believe the slide release is the problem. like the slide and/or barrel locks to the frame. Takes force to un-lock the slide and move it to thr rear. everybody that tried it could not move the slide with one hand until it popped loose. bad choice of words. two hands, one on back of slide and one forward to move the slide. I could feel the slide break loose. believe the slide release is hindering movement of the slide.
try it without a magazine in. did that work better? sometimes magazines play havoc with slides and slide locks. if that doe snot work try a partial field strip of the gun( remove the bushing) and try to manipulate the slide? better? if not call STI

good luck

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
polish it then

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sounds like you're experiencing a tight barrel lockup which is a good thing. I'd shoot a couple of boxes of ammo and see if it helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sent it back, they told me it sounded like the wrong link. and that the barrel may have not been fitted correctly. we will see in a a few weeks.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts