1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause premature slide lock open with 1 round left in the mag? It seems to happen just about every time.
Note, mags are new and work just fine in other 1911's. Mis-shapaed slide stop maybe?

-D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
drone23 said:
What would cause premature slide lock open with 1 round left in the mag? It seems to happen just about every time.
Note, mags are new and work just fine in other 1911's. Mis-shapaed slide stop maybe?

-D
' could be that ammo is too long (reload?), notch (part that contacts mag follower) on slide stop/release is too long.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using factory Winchester, so I do not think that it was the ammo.

Keep the ideas coming kids. ;)

-D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
drone23,

If your using the factory magazines I would change them in place of a better brand like "Chip McCormick" and in addition to the "slide release". Your rounds are bumping the slide release during recoil action of the pistol when it's fired.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
' forgot to ask what kind of magazine it is, if its one of those gunshow special ones that goes for $7 or so, I don't care how brand new they are, they are all crap. 2 out of 10 might work on one gun, but not on others. Also, check your thumb position, it might be hitting the slide stop as the gun recoils. Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mags were CMC. I will keep an eye on the slide release. I do not think that was it though.

-D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had the same problem with my CD. I took about .010 off the slide stop and that solved problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts