1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 6 week wait i finally recieved my new 1911 9mm. I am impressed with the workmanship, smooth action and trigger pull. So far i have fired 200 rounds with no problems. The big complaint is that it is shooting 3 inches low. it was shooting about that far to the left, but we were able to correct that.
I called Springfield and i was told that these pistols are not sighted in at the factory.Can you believe that? $800.00 msrp and not sighted in.

The lady was very nice and said to send it back along with a 25 yard target and they would redo it and send it back, IN 4-6 WEEKS. So it looks like i will be without it again. Does any one have a better idea? i have thought about a fiber optic front sight. Who would be a good one to do that and would it void the warranty? i forgot to mention it has Novak three dot fixed sights

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well if you're going to send it somewhere to have "fiber optic" sights put on, just send it back to Springfield, ask them to install whatever sights you want. They do have a custom shop. Plus, you still have your warranty.

·
Registered
23,262 Posts
What is it FOR?
I consider fibre optic sights too fragile for a carry weapon, I have kicked out several of the plastic rods and found myself aiming with a post with a large hole in it, which is not a real good reference on target.

Three inches at 25 yards is about a .023" error on the sights. You need a front sight that much lower or a rear that much higher, or some combination. SA seems to be able to handle that much on guarantee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.