1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't snip off anything. Leaving them loaded for a few days may help some, but not much. They are called extra-power for a reason.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Make sure you have the correct springs...Why did you get them in the first place?
If you didn't need them send them back...Are they the 5%+P or 10%+P? They will take a set...but they are designed to function with the correct # of coils...UNLESS you have the special ones that need the adjustment. THAT is why I ask if you have the correct spring...Do you have pads on your mags?
------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

[This message has been edited by gyp_c (edited 05-25-2001).]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
pokey074, if you bought the springs from Brownell's, why don't you call their service deprtment and ask them? The 'smiths that work for Brownell's know a heck of a lot about their products and should be able to help you.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pokey,
You should never "smack" a mag to get it seated. If you hit it and you are on the wrong side of tolerence stacking you could damage the feed lips and bend the tab on the floor plate. Bad habit to have if the SHTF as you may slap on in from slide lock and shove it so far up into the gun that the slide will not close and you'll have a hard time getting it out again.
I have several 8 rounders that have to be seated with a good stiff push if the slide is closed. Just insert till it stops and then give it a good firm push till it locks.

TG

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Originally posted by pokey074:
ordered them from brownell's. item #969-713-730. "GOV'T & OFFICERS ACP - .45 ACP, 5% extra-power springs help stabilize the follower for improved feeding performance. 11 lb. rating. Fits Gov't/Commander 8 rnd. magazines in .45 ACP; 7 rnd. fits Officers ACP only, except Wilson Combat." i'm ASSuming here that the ultra carry is the same as the officer's model which, if i understand correctly, it is. i got them because the last trip i made to the range i got a couple of failures to lock the slide back after the last round was fired. oh, and no pads on my mags.

...do you have the Wolffe package with the model # intact?
I think I have some, I'll look and we can compare the #s to check

...otherwise, callin' Brownells' is a GREAT idea...Those folks are the best I've seen in workin' with you to get ya' what ya' need, even if YOU don't know what that is!!!

Worth a try, no?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts