1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hankerin' one of these in 9mm all year . Don't need it , but I want it :D

Anyone care to share a photo or an experience with their Professional 9mm ?

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess we're the only 2 thinking the Professional might be the perfect size .35 caliber ? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked up a Tactical Supergrade in 9mm this past weekend. Have not had a chance to go shoot it yet because of work. Might get to before the weekend but more than likely this weekend. I will let you know how it shoots then. Fit and finish are superb on a par or better than my Baer Premier Super Tac. It is my first Wilson. I wanted something in 9mm to shoot targets with and still have the feel of a full size 1911.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
BAW11 that should be a shooter, pics and a report are needed.

BAW11 said:
I picked up a Tactical Supergrade in 9mm this past weekend. Have not had a chance to go shoot it yet because of work. Might get to before the weekend but more than likely this weekend. I will let you know how it shoots then. Fit and finish are superb on a par or better than my Baer Premier Super Tac. It is my first Wilson. I wanted something in 9mm to shoot targets with and still have the feel of a full size 1911.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know there is a member who started a recent thread about his newly purchased 9mm hard chromed Professional.
It is sweet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pro. 9mm

I have a 9mm Pro. black, adj sites, light wt frame. Have only put a few rounds threw her. Looks great, a little more recoil than I expected. due to the Lt frame. I had a Lt Wt CQB built at the same time with identical options also in 9mm. Recoil is harsher than my std frame CQB in 9mm. I was a bit surprised at the noticeable difference

I have a SS pro 45 also.......very nice. I like the full size frame on the 4" gun

·
Registered
297 Posts
guy sajer said:
Guess we're the only 2 thinking the Professional might be the perfect size .35 caliber ? :)

Heck no!

I wish we had the option to buy that gun in California. :grumble:
As it stands, I am looking at either picking up a older Colt Commander in 9mm or possibly a heavily modifying a S&W Scandium Commander...

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
retired2 said:
I have a SS pro 45 also.......very nice. I like the full size frame on the 4" gun
Yes sir :cool:

ExiledViking said:
How presumptuous of me :eek: ;)
You California gun owners are stubborn bunch . Thankfully ! Hang in there .

·
Registered
95 Posts
CQB 9mm in CA

Just bought an CQB 45 in CA for my SO. She has shot my Baer TRS 45 and it was just to much for her. So the CQB goes back to Wilson to fit with a 9mm barrel and poof legal CQB 9mm in CA!!!!!!

Merlinn

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 9mm Pro. black, adj sites, light wt frame. Have only put a few rounds threw her. Looks great, a little more recoil than I expected. due to the Lt frame. I had a Lt Wt CQB built at the same time with identical options also in 9mm. Recoil is harsher than my std frame CQB in 9mm. I was a bit surprised at the noticeable difference

Thanks for the details . I think I would most likely stay with a steel frame .

Thanks Merlinn . Let us know how that conversion works out . :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just ordered one of these today. Black and gray professional with a bobtail in 9mm. I can't wait to get it, they said 6 to 8 weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts