1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been carrying my Professional for a few years now and one of the things I practice, is drawing from concealment and emptying, the mag and reloading a fresh mag. Under the stress of a timer, I find that I miss the factory magwell opening at least 25% of the time and that really bothers me. I decided to add something that will dramatically improve that percentage. I have been looking at several guns with different magwells on them and especially the ones from Wilson, Brown and a few others but the Smith & Alexander one piece magwell/mainspring housing combo I liked the best. So I ordered one and it came in yesterday. I quickly installed it with some minor fitting after work yesterday and this morning took it to the range to try it out. I does just as I expected. Under stress I hit the magwell every time with a perfect reload. I did however notice that the end of the grip now printed under my cover garment, if I turned the wrong way, just as it had before I radiused the factory MSH.

I decided to do the same with the S&A and then carry the radius the full length of the sides tapering down the closer I came to the front. I turned out great and I am very happy with the result. I plan to eventually have it bead blasted to match the rest of the gun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts