1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering, what's the "correct" procedure for breaking in a new Baer pistol. I've always stipped and cleaned new pistols before shooting them, but I read here that new Baer pistols come with a special 'break in' oil?

is this true?

thanks in advance.

btw - I don't have the pistol yet, but is should be here RSN. And it's not stainless.

regards,
Francis

·
Registered
268 Posts
No do not clean it! Put 300 to 500 hundred rounds through it first and then give it a thorough cleaning. That's it!

This is what Les suggests you do.

Ybbeat

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Both my TR Specials came slathered in CLP. All I did before break in was insure there was enough lube all over the gun. In an email I received from Baer I was told to run about 400-500 rounds through the gun before an initial cleaning. During the break in process I reapplied CLP as necessary to insure proper lubrication. One point of interest, after the same number of rounds my hard chrome TRS seemed to be more "broken in" than my blued TRS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, too, have noticed that the hard chrome TRS has broken in for me extremely well in about 500 rounds. All signs of trigger creep have also disappeared after my full disassembly and cleaning (I performed that cleaning at 500 rounds, as recommended above).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts