1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as far as greasing up a 1911? With my glock/sig etc., I just drop oil on the rear of the slide and let it work its way down. I am using Wilson's Ultima-lube so it wont work that way. I have been putting it along the frame rail and then placing the slide back on and working it back and forth. Any sugestions appreciated.
Oops..forgot to mention, it's a stainless steel pistol .
------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

[This message has been edited by PM 7 (edited 11-27-2001).]

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing -- plus, I'd appreciate input on the best grease to use on a Stainless Steel frame & slide.

So far I've tried Wilson's Ultima-lube and Brownell's Action Lube... and, so far the only difference as far as I can tell is that the Wilson's 'pooky' is white, while the Brownell's 'pooky' is black !
--CC

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I use the Shooter Choice grease on the rails and bottom lugs of a 1911.
On a comp gun I use it on the cone also to that oil doesn't get on the front lens of the scope.

I use to use it on the rails when it got colder out
but not any more. make sure you try it before you need it in cold weather.

geo ><>

·
Registered
181 Posts
I picked up on a method that someone previously posted on a similar thread:

I have just started using Shooter's Choice grease, which comes in a dispenser that looks like a hypodermic needle. I apply a small bead directly to the rails, locking lugs and the half-moon cut-out at the front of the slide near the muzzle (I can't remember the name of this lug). Important: I then smear it around and remove the excess with a Q-tip to leave just a thin film behind. All of the other interior surfaces (inside and outside of barrel, remainder of slide, etc.) get a light spray of oil (Rem Oil) then I wipe the excess off, again leaving a thin film. I work the action a few times after reassembly to distribut the lube and wipe off any oil that squeezes out.

My philosophy when it comes to lube is that less is more.

Hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts