1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know the pro's and con's of a springfield 1911 full size loaded.

thanks mike

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
piccolo,
run a search in the archives...there is a ton of stuff in there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Excellent gun all around. Cocking serrations are a little sharper than some like but they dont bother me at all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi piccolo-san,
Go to my post below yours (Springfield Pics) and look at the gun and the target. That my brother is why you buy a Springfield. They are great guns, but I cant't wait for my RRA Elite commando to get here.

usncorpsman

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by piccolo-san:
i would like to know the pro's and con's of a springfield 1911 full size loaded.

thanks mike
your question is incomplete. Do you mean pros and cons for the SA full size vs other brand full size? vs compact? vs other similar non 1911 autos like the S&W 4506? SA makes varying levels of quality 1911's. On the lower end of the quality, it is just the fit and finsh that is not as good as some other brands, the guns still function well. My loaded 45 would have been fine for defensive use as it was right out of the box. That being said, it lacked accuracey for PPC matches. You could hold em all in the black easily enough, but the X count would be low, like in teh 20's, where as my revovler is in the 20's, and my reworked SA 45 is in the high 30's to low 40's. for everything there is a purpose. for defensive use I would rather the gun be a little too loose than too tight. Hey, at 21 feet, I KNOW I will hit regardless of if the gun is a little loose or not. What I would not want is a gun to not close, or fail other wise because it was too tight and a piece of debris got somewhere it should not have.
Tom

·
Registered
602 Posts
PRO: It has all the custom features like beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety, lowered and flared ejection port, throated chamber, beveled mag well and Novak Low Carry rear sight. Teriffic value for the price, which can hover around $500 if you shop around and haggle.

CON: Lousy trigger, sharp edges.

?: Full-length guide rod, two-piece barrel, made in Brazil.

I like mine a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts