1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy a CQB Compact, but ordered a protector based on cosmetics. I like black better than the 2 tone. Other than the guide rod on the protector I didn't see any other differences other than cosmetic. My question relates to field stripping. Do you need an allen wrench for the protector because of the guide rod? I was hoping for a tool free field strip. One of the things I don't like about my Kimber CDP is the need for a tool to take it down and reassemble. It's not the deciding factor, but I do like a certain amount of ease of assembly. If so, can the guide rod be eliminated with the spring setup in the CQB?

· Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up my Protector Compact 11/2 and you do need an allen wrench to field strip it. I to was debating on either the CQB Compact or Protector Compact and I made my decision on the cosmetics and the guide rod. Also all CQB models will come with full length guide rods as of about the second week of October (was told this by Frank Robbins at Wilson) but i'm sure you can use the short guide rod setup if you like it in the Protector Compact. I personally like the idea of full length guide rod and shock buff. I also have a full size Protector that I carried before buying the Compact... let me say that 1" shorter barrel and 1/2" shorter stock make all the differance in the world for carrying comfort I absolutly love this gun and recommend it to anyone looking for a high end carry gun. Also it shoots every bit as good and is as controlable as the 5" protector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.