1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty big price delta $1845 - $1399 = $446.

1" vs 1.5" @ 25 yards
Cocobolo vs Rubber
30 LPI vs 20 LPI
Sights
Sear
Hammer??

I handled a Protector for the first time today,,, supersweet trigger,,, 463 sights with the yellow-green-yellow trits. Oh well, it's only money! I'm gathering all the "dry powder" that I'd saved up in anticipation of the Colt 1911A1 (redux) to finish paying it off tomorrow.

Question for the crew - Wilson's website lists the nonMIM Hammer for the Stainless Protector but lists the 455B (MIM) Hammer for the carbon steel Protector. Is that a typo?

I see lots of good comments from the Millenium Protector owners here,,, I hope mine works out as well.

------------------
Rust never sleeps

·
Registered
291 Posts
its not a typo, stainless guns do not not have MIM parts, but M. Pro. and std. Protector do. I wouldnt sweat the MIM parts too much though. I believe if you order from Wilson they will switch the parts out for the tool steel parts at the difference in retail cost. Also realize the Millennium Protectors front strap and MSH is 20 lpi serrated NOT checkered. Also you may want the look up more recent pricing...I belive the price of the Millennium Protector has jumped a bit as they no longer come parkerized, but with Armor Tuff only. The sear and sights also differ. Mil. Pro. is a great gun though, no doubt.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why? And does it have to do with SS wearing the MIM parts excessively?

I'm damn glad my 1996A2 has tool steel BulletProof parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts