1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepfather-in-law just gave me this 1911. Though I'm not complaining about the Wilson Combat grips, I really like the E Series laminate grips it comes with originally. Seems that not even S&W sell them. Anyone can guide me to the right direction where I can buy a pair? That wood with the stainless steel just looks beautiful. 20190822_212008_1568641375787.jpg 20190822_212008_1568641375787.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Congrats on a very nice gift!!! Those are excellent pistols. As for the grip panels, I don't know of any 'retail' source for those, unfortunately. I think you'll be forced to look on the '2nd-hand' market. Have you check the S&W Forum, by chance? That could be an option.
When these pistols show up as 'used', they typically have after-market grips on them, so the originals have to be out there somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on a very nice gift!!! Those are excellent pistols. As for the grip panels, I don't know of any 'retail' source for those, unfortunately. I think you'll be forced to look on the '2nd-hand' market. Have you check the S&W Forum, by chance? That could be an option.
When these pistols show up as 'used', they typically have after-market grips on them, so the originals have to be out there somewhere.
Thank you. It is a beautiful piece.

I will be browsing the S&W forum and see if I get any leads. I was looking to find, either used or taken off grips panels.

Thanks for the reply. Happy shootin'!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts