1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That turned out well. I've got a slide and frame on the way from PSA. Thought it would be best for my first build to try my hand at something more affordable than a Caspian.

What did you use for the finish on the slide and frame?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Carbon or SS frame and slide?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
And did you do the bobcut with a jig?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timotab, I used Cerakote for the finish. The slide is sniper grey and the frame is desert sage.

Seachaser, it is a stainless slide and frame. I did use a jig for the bobtail. Not sure how you would drill the msh pin without one.

GaryLC, thanks. Off hand it shoots well, but the ghost rear sight makes it really hard to get the max potential out of it. I plan on putting it in a Ransom Rest this weekend to see what it can do if I'm not out killing salmon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here are pics from the range today. The first pic is at 10 yards and the 2nd at 25 yards. I used a Ransom Rest and Winchester white box ammo. The range benches are a little wobbly, so that is where the flyer at 25 yard came from.

For some reason these pics would not upload correctly. They actually need to rotate 45 deg to the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice build, what grip safety did you use and how much fitting did you have to do? I just picked up a psa frame and Slide and noticed that it said it is made for the egw safety and was just wondering what your experience was. Also, anybody know who these were made by? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is an Ed Brown grip safety. There was a little bit of fitting, but not a whole lot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are the sights a standard novak cut or was there a lot of fitting?
I've got the frame and slide, trying to get the parts for it before I start assembly.
Good to hear about the beavertail. Thanks!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts