1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to steel match shooting and was wondering if anyone here was going to this match. I mainly shoot IPSC, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can practice and prepare for this match. If anyone has been to it, let me know how it is. I will be there next Sunday, can't wait...

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
The shootout is a blast. There are 3 things to practice.You must hit the targets(goes without saying but misses add a lot of time). You must be able to count to ten as only ten rounds per mag (yes sounds easy but that is probably the hardest thing to do when it gets fast and furious). You need to make fast reloads. Biggest time wasters are misses, running the gun dry and screwing the reload.Have fun and bring plenty of ammo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey 3gunner,

I felt that the match was a blast of fun. Very organized and ran great. I greatly enjoyed it even though I did not shoot to the best of my ability. It was however the first time I ever shot a match like that. By the way, do you know how we can find out the results. Just wondering

Thanks
tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe the replies will be sent via email/regular mail and then posted on the site. I could be wrong, tho. I can't wait to see how poorly I did. ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts