1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PT-CCO tritium sights sweet!!

I went into my local pawn shop today to get some 10mm ammo. 1 of 4 shops I frequent in search of 10mm rnds. Any way I looked into their case and they had gotten in 4 new Pre CZ DW .45s one was a PT-CCO with tritium sights. This gun made me want a .45 in a bad way. It was sweet.If only I had $1000! Now I'm pretty new to DW is this maybe a special order that sombody backed out on?

How would I go about getting a set of these sight for my PM7-10 or My RZ?

They also had a Pointman XSS. This was a nice gun also, but it was a stainless gun with black parts like both safteies. It also had sights diffrent than both my guns. I'm not sure what style they were. Rear V-stlye with a vert line Big dot up front?

I'm now starting to see more of what DW has to offer or Do I say HAD to offer?????( Hope not)

edit for spelling one of many

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iggy,
Kind of on the pointman,but they weren't tritium.
The PT were kind of like the Trijion 3-DOT

I guess there is alot I don't know about my guns. Like what type and size cut my sights are, What size springs they came stock with? I've sone many searches and have read several threads with no luck. What have found is that if you shot DT ammo install a 24# recoil spring. Which I installed on my PM7. Thanks Dave. I have read that so many times that I think I have lost childhood memories.:biglaugh:

Back to sights. Any way I guess what I would need to know is what size and type cut would I need?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iggy,

Looking at Vic303s pic in the prev. thread. I think you're right the piontman probably did have the XS sights

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I think most of the CCO's came with XS sights. Mine did.

I find the XS sight great for fast acquisition and fast shooting and just right for the CCO when used as a SD Belly gun.

I had them on the Razorback but found they did not provide the precision needed for longer range shooting.

I replaced the rear with a Heinie and Dave "custom" installed his FO front sight on my gun

The XS sights fit the NOVAK cut.

DW CCO and DW Razorback

Your best bet is to talk to Dave about the various DW models and sight cuts.
He is your best bet on getting the right sights for the variety of models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just never knew you could just walk into a shop and get a gun out of the case with tritium sights!:rock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts