1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowing to the left, Publix Supermarkets has pulled all gun related magazines from its stores. Interestingly my local store had replaced the magazines with several promoting Oprah as a perfect presidential candidate. I used be a regular shopper but I plan to try some of its competitors.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Makes perfectly good sense to me. Those magazines are responsible for so many deaths. In fact Congress has frequently discussed limiting the size of magazines!

Oh, those aren't that kind of magazine...

Go figure....

This anti gun stuff is awfully confusing....

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
They are all available on Amazon, cheaper too. I only liked them in stores so I could read while my wife went off shopping.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Would be fun to slip an SOF type magazine under the opaque plastic covering the:
“I want her nakedness” magazines.
Covert disguise optional... but would make interesting security video if we’re creative......
where’s my Ben Franklin glasses and white wig?

Possibly.... just the cover and inside a correct primer of the Constitution and what debates occurred before its ratification. Include a test.
This should be discussed in depth prior to being able to graduate.
They think the 2nd is like a hobby, hunting, sports and in case the police/gov takes too long to try save you.... some protection.

One of the “RESPONSIBILITIES” to remain a Free State is the essence of the 2nd!!!

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
It's interesting how so many corporations are glad to sell guns and gun related products when there is no PC pressure and how quickly they turn on us when there is. I hope we pay attention and remember to support our 'friends' when times are good. I try and stick with LGS and online retailers that stick by us.

·
Administrator
78,015 Posts
I'm seeing less and less "reasonable gun measures" in all of this and more and more attempted eradication of the gun hobby.

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
i have to ask, dont magazine distributors have contracts with these stores? i am rather confident the magazine racks are not open invitations to magazine folks to just fill the space. or do stores "subscribe" to the distribution?

·
Super Moderator
16,325 Posts
i have to ask, dont magazine distributors have contracts with these stores? i am rather confident the magazine racks are not open invitations to magazine folks to just fill the space. or do stores "subscribe" to the distribution?
If they "subscribed", then they paid for the delivery, but are not necessarily required to put them on the racks. If I subscribe to a magazine, I am not required to read it since I have already paid for it and can do anything I want with it (including burning it) short of plagiarizing it. I don't know what kind of agreement they enter into for receiving the magazine, so the final answer may be something any of us do not know as fact. Just my own observation.

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
If they "subscribed", then they paid for the delivery, but are not necessarily required to put them on the racks. If I subscribe to a magazine, I am not required to read it since I have already paid for it and can do anything I want with it (including burning it) short of plagiarizing it. I don't know what kind of agreement they enter into for receiving the magazine, so the final answer may be something any of us do not know as fact. Just my own observation.
exactly, thus why i am asking, do they sign contract for magazine space, or does pube-ix subscribe to stuff.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I'm seeing less and less "reasonable gun measures" in all of this and more and more attempted eradication of the gun hobby.
The same people who erased our southern heritage, tore down statues and labeled a flag a racist banner are now still in the warpath against our gun rights.
Why do you sound so surprised?

Isn't that what the Nazis did, burn books, make many things illegal, erase and rewrite history in their own style?
As far as I'm concerned what's going on in this country now is no different and neither are the people who support it. Soon they'll be rounding us up and shipping you out to re-education camps....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts