1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering a 1911 from Ed Brown would input from members I have a Wilson and would like some comparisions. I like the looks of Ed Brown but don't know anyone in my area that has one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 5" Stainless Kobra and it is a true piece of art...like no other it is as pretty on the inside as it is on the outside...no kidding! The snake skin treatment is cool and it does not snag clothing when carried....but is not as tight in the hand for competition. It is not as tight as my Les Baer or any Wilson I have handled but his theory is that it does not have to be....and from what I can tell it shoots just as well as any I have had. Mine has a Videki (sp?) trigger and it is scary smooth....better than any trigger I have seen....this with no trigger job. I would rate an Ed Brown gun as a must have piece for the collection.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are in the Houston area I would be glad to let you look at on of my Browns. They are a top notch pistol.

Kip

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I've never heard one person say they regretted buying a Brown.

·
Registered
42 Posts
bigslim,

I narrowed my seach down to Wilson and Brown. I went with the Kobra because it looked great and little different.

I live about six miles outside of Philadelphia and I could not find anyone who had a Brown..... and that is what pushed the Brown over for me. It looked great, great reputation, and now I'm the only one on the block with one.

PS: Works great with anything I put through it. larry c.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts