1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the TRP with the full tac rail and love the way it looks.
Just out of curiosity am I able to replace the guide rod and add a barrel bushing if I wanted too?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Just out of curiosity am I able to replace the guide rod and add a barrel bushing if I wanted too?
I would look to a different pistol if one of the first things you want to do is replace the barrel. On the other hand, that pistol is pretty damn nice and I think you will like the way it's configured out of the box.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Guide rod - yes , gun fan gave an option .
Barrel bushing - yes - ( SACS ) Springfield Armory Custom Shop can probably
cut the slide and put one in . The barrel would need to be replaced as well .

Maybe Better off with a loaded LLP
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-loaded-45-acp/

·
Banned
608 Posts
Yes you can, quite easily. As I understand it the slide is already cut for a bushing so you just need to buy the bushing, barrel, whatever guide setup you want, and fit it up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If it's a bull barrel and I assume that it is. Buy a 10-8 plug and a Wilson flat wire kit to replace the FLGR.

Otherwise you are looking at fitting a new barrel . This is not a drop in installation as others may have alluded to.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Springfield cuts the slide for a bushing all you need is to have a new barrel fitted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Try the latest Springfield Marine Corps Operator.

It's s TRP with a rail and instead of the 20 lpi checkering it has an odd but nice feeling "chainlink" type of checkering.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Try the latest Springfield Marine Corps Operator.

It's s TRP with a rail and instead of the 20 lpi checkering it has an odd but nice feeling "chainlink" type of checkering.
It is not a TRP or even in the same series.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Uh, it uses the SAME forged LOWER RECEIVER and Match barrel.

Call them and see/hear for self.
Are you aware they use it on the Range Officer as well?

The .45ACP Range Officer® has the same quality forged national match frame and slide as the Trophy Match™ and TRP™ 1911s. It gets the same precision fit as these pistols, too. Add in the same match grade stainless steel barrel and bushing, and you have a pistol that shoots well beyond its price tag. - See more at: http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-range-officer-45-acp/#sthash.OrcNynae.dpuf
No one seems to confuse the Range Officer with a TRP. A TRP is much more than a forged frame and match barrel.

·
Banned
608 Posts
No its not a TRP , but it is a very fine pistol, my MCO is actually fitted better than my TRP and had a nicer trigger out of the box
Don't get new wrong, the MCO is fine and I'd be happy to own one. Just clearing up some wrong info. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Springfield picked up the remainder of the USMC contract so these are very nice pistols that I ASSUME had to meet the USMC's specifications - a TRP with a rail - which tells me that the TRP is an EXCELLENT 1911.

Now, it's POSSIBLE that the USMC pistol has better internals - I don't know. Either way it's probably the best railed 1911 for the money at this time. If I were looking for a railed 1911 this would be it.

·
Banned
608 Posts
If we are splitting hairs over roll marks (and I believe that's ALL there is) it is nothing.
I just want to make sure I understand you correctly. You're stating that the Range Officer, Loaded, and TRP series are the same except for roll marks?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts