1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Springfield 1911-A1, but it doesn't seem to fit any particular current gun with that designation. I'd like any feedback from whoever can help me with this.

It's dark blue with 3-dot fixed sights, sights like the picture I see of Springfield's mil-spec model. The grips are wood mil-spec type. The slide has "MODEL 1911-A1" and "CAL .45" on the left side of the slide. Below that on the frame, it says "F I BRAZIL." The right side of the slide has the Springfield Armory logo and "SPRINGFIELD ARMORY." Below that on the frame is a 4-digit serial number 0XXX.

But the trigger is a target type, with a hex adjustment screw. It has an extended tang. And the hammer looks like a bobbed mil-spec hammer, not a Commander-type, just with a short cocking area.

All in all, it's sure not mil-spec, but it doesn't fit fully anything Springfield is selling now. And the 4-digit serial number beginning with a zero has me puzzled.

Anyone have any insights about this critter?

Thanks,
Mjolnir

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Some of what you described could be modifications made by the previous owner. It sounds like one of the older mil-spec types, when that was all SA made. As was suggested above, a call to SA could answer your questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts