1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of these on order(this is the 9mm loaded model)and was just wondering whether anyone here has one and what it's like...I'll be sending mine to Dane Burns for conversion to 9x23
but was thinking of shooting a couple of boxes of 9mm through it first just to see what a 9mm 1911 is like(all mine are .45).

Any word on these, pics maybe?

Thanks,
EDG

edited cause my typing is worse than my spelling

[This message has been edited by para-EDGe (edited 02-17-2001).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Para-EDGe Don't be so guick to send her off before you take her out for a spin. You might be surprized. I have a 9130 and have been very impressed. I have about 500 hundred rounds thru mine without a hint of a malfunction. It came with two SA mags that have been FLawless.The grips were a little too orange red for me so I put a darker set on that I already had. I was suprized to see a ramped stainless steel barrel when I open it up for inspection. All in all I have been completely satisfied. It s a very tight and very accurate pistol. Thanks to the very light recoil, maybe I can start keeping both my shots in the A zone And still be quick. You have made a good choice, now go change those dies out to 9mm and get you a bag of ammo loaded so you can enjoy.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do you have a delivery date yet for this pistol? Let us know how much you paid for it when you get it. If you're able, post some pictures of it. Both sides, as Springfield only seems to be able to photograph one side of any of their pistols.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Paten:
Do you have a delivery date yet for this pistol? Let us know how much you paid for it when you get it. If you're able, post some pictures of it. Both sides, as Springfield only seems to be able to photograph one side of any of their pistols.
Thanks for the responses.
Larry A: I don't reload yet but will be very shortly. I do plan on putting a number of boxes through it though.
Paten: The place I ordered from called springfield because I was actually trying to get a loaded .38super but springfield said they are not making them in loaded only milspec. Springfield did say that the 9mm loaded and .38super milspecs were shipping starting this month so I should have it before too long. The price is $719.95(a little bit more expensive compared to what I've seen posted as far as prices go but the shop I ordered from has always treated me right so I'm not gonna complain a bit). I do have a digital camera and will be taking lots of "before" pictures

EDG

EDG

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Edge,

I was just wondering if you have already gotten a price on the conversion from Dane Burns? Are you planning any other work on the pistol? Trigger job, recontouring the grip area, whatever else you might want? I saw some of the new Springfields at the St. Pete gunshow last weekend and they're still blocky in the grip area.

Uh... you don't mind if I call ya Edge, do ya?

[This message has been edited by Paten (edited 03-01-2001).]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Edge,

I was just wondering if you have already gotten a price on the conversion from Dane Burns? Are you planning any other work on the pistol? Trigger job, recontouring the grip area, whatever else you might want? I saw some of the new Springfields at the St. Pete gunshow last weekend and they're still blocky in the grip area.

Uh... you don't mind if I call ya Edge, do ya?

[This message has been edited by Paten (edited 03-01-2001).]
Paten you can call me "EDGe" or "para-" or Eugene.
I'm not entirely sure just what besides the conversion I'll have done...once I get the Springfield I'll see how it feels in my hand etc and go from there..also I'm not sure what all Dane will do as part of the conversion and how long it may take if I add other things into the mix...I may just get the conversion and some frame slimming so it doesn't take too long. I'm also(within a day or two)going to have my spot in line for a full custom Burns 9x23 so the Springfield is just to get started and keep me busy(so I don't bug him
)and I can get it further modified later after I get my full custom job. Dane says the conversion is about ~$600-$800 or so depending upon the options etc.

Regards,
Eugene

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just picked up a loaded 9mm saturday,fed-x
delivered it and I opened the box to take a look at it,and well it never made it to the
gun case,real nice. HANDGUNNER

Novak's Handgunner Outlet

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by HANDGUNNER:
Just picked up a loaded 9mm saturday,fed-x
delivered it and I opened the box to take a look at it,and well it never made it to the
gun case,real nice. HANDGUNNER

Novak's Handgunner Outlet
cool. I hope mine gets here soon. I'm eager to try it out.

EDG

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I bought this today in a moment of weakness. I really didn't need it but I just couldn't help myself. Oh well, I should have it by next week. Para-EDGe, I want you to know this is all your fault!

Thanks!
[snip]

This was the auction. I think this was a pretty good price, what do you think?
Looks like a very decent price...you'll never guess what I did yesterday...well maybe you would
..I went by the gunshop to see if they'd heard anything from thier distributor about the 9mm I ordered(they hadn't, but said they put it on thier short list)and ended up putting a deposit on a Kimber classic that looks almost identical to my Wilson MP...moment of weakness is right!

enjoy the Springfield it looks nice. If I really like mine I'm going to look into getting an operator model.

EDG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts