1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading about how the finish on the Eclipses would wear off, and people asking the same thing about the Springfield, but concluding that it hadn't been around long enough to tell.

Now that it has been out for a bit, anyone out there who wears it constantly have any input on how well it's wearing?

(It looks like I can get one for about 735 in Arizona, by the by. According to what I hear, seems to be a sweet gun.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very Sweet

I am enjoying the heck out of mine. Very nice looking, was accurate (adjusted rear Bomar only) and functioned perfectly out of the box. No cosmetic blemishes either, as I have heard here on other SA products.

I have only been holstering it for daily concealed carry for about 3 weeks so if I had any wear to report that would be a bad thing. I hope it wears gracefully like my Gold Cup (Blue).

I did hear the same poor wear reports about the Kimber Eclipse but decided on the Black SA anyway.

Got mine here in TX for $699. so you are not far off. My opinion so far is that it is well worth it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The finish is actually pretty tough. I have mine holstered in leather for about 2 months now, carry it daily and it is still holding up well.

"I'm Lovin' It" <---Borrowed from McDonald's:barf:

I say...ummm...go for it. This SA is twice the 1911 any Kimber wishes it were!

·
Registered
91 Posts
This SA is twice the 1911 any Kimber wishes it were!

Agree with you there also. I personally just could not get a good feel for the Kimber.

Still may try one someday, though. That feeling may be like tastes and just change every so often.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear... was gonna pick it up today but I ended up working some overtime.

So it's tomorrow, assuming I don't have to pull overtime then, either.

:barf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts