1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I know we are all talking about 1911's I hope I can won't get bounced for asking the Python gurus that are lurking here a question.

I am trying to determine what the correct manual looks like for a early to mid 60's Python and for a late 60's to early 70's Python. The later box was two piece but has the cardboard "formed" shape that the gun sat in, and the earlier one just had an open box bottom half without the "formed" part.

Can anyone please post a picture or description of what they know to be the correct owners manual?

I have also been told that the early and mid 60's, Colt may have never printed and included one like they did for the 1911's.

·
Registered
300 Posts
doubt it'll help, but I used to own a 4 digit Python(think the box said '59). the manual was just a fold out sheet that dealt mostly with shooting stance, trigger pull, sight alignment, etc. and just had a sentence or two on safety(compared to the encyclopedias you get today).

the box was just a two piece w/o an insert(always wondered about that), and there was a small gold colored 'display tag'(for lack of better term) enclosed.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
230grfmj

Mt 1971 vintage box came with the same brochure Scratchy Wilson described, plus the warranty card (less the registration card).

Unfolded the brochure is about 5x9 inches titled "Handling the Handgun". Titles are in brown print, text in black. The brochure is folded into three sections, the major subjects are:
Fundamentals
Grip
Stance
Sighting
Trigger Control
Safety
Care and Cleaning

Mine is marked "Form A-247-2"

I hope this helps
Str8_Shot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts