1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quality belt holster for my commander. Normally carry it iwb in a blade tech, but don't like the belt hoslter styles in kydex. I'm familiar with alessi's work, as well as milt sparks and know that both are top notch. any suggestions?
thanks,
Derek
Birmingham, AL

[This message has been edited by dwenslen (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by dwenslen:
I'm looking for a quality belt holster for my commander. Normally carry it iwb in a blade tech, but don't like the belt hoslter styles in kydex. I'm familiar with alessi's work, as well as milt sparks and know that both are top notch. any suggestions?
thanks,
Derek
Birmingham, AL
My vote is for the Alessi CQC/s. It has one of the best fit's, and is very easy to mount/dismount, yet provides a very stable, hi-riding and concealable platform.

I recently picked up a Sparks 60TK, which is also a very comfortable, and concealable holster, though I think I would prefer the CC-AT better.

My preferences do tend to gravitate to the Paddle styles, and currently, I use my Safariland 560 most for IDPA, and range days where a holster is allowed. I also use it for CCW in the colder months, but will normally stay with an IWB most other times...

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
May I invite you to our extensive list of holster makers? If you goto the opening page and click on links and then on the holster listing you will find a large list of holster makers and dealers.

I have not tried any of his leather gear yet, but have heard good things about C. Rusty Sherrick http://www.c-rusty.com
I bought a couple of bottles of his HYDE GLYDE and they arrived before my check cleared. Which speaks well of his service.

P.S. Lou's leather work is top notch and I recommend it without question.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
You're already aware of Tony Kanaley's (Milt Sparks) and Lou Alessi's work and you wouldn't go wrong with either shop. I like the Sparks #55BN and the CC-AT very much. For the minimalist, the Sparks "Mirage" is an incredible little holster. Alessi's DOJ and CQC/S are superb too. You might also look at Mark Waldon's offerings www.waldonholsters.com I like Mark's "rattler" belt slide very much.

The Schafers at www.raftersgunleather.com don't offer a wide range of designs. Their basic design is essentially a Bruce Nelson #1 Professional with an FBI cant. If this type of holster suits your needs, their version is very nice.

Rosco

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
A good rule of thumb is if the maker's name ends in an vowel, you can't go wrong. If it ends in an "i", even better....

[This message has been edited by P7 (edited 08-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by P7 (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
You can't go wrong with Rusty Sherrick, Milt Sparks or Alessi. I use all three with great results. Lastly, they're all great people to deal with!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys-I went ahead and ordered a cqc-s from Ray at r&f (in stock-no wait, gotta love it)
I used to carry a HK usp/c in one, so it ought to work even better with the slimmer commander.
thanks for all the replies,
Derek

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Kramer Vertical Scabbard. Excellent!
Get it with a FBI cant. Wild Bill's is good too and not as expensive as Kramer's.
Birmingham, AL

]

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Kramer horsehide holsters are as good as it gets, also have a High Noon holster that is super nice and at $50.00 are hard to beat!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts