1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was considering an M1A but reading some of the QC issues people have on the Springfield board, I'm not so sure I want one anymore.

Are their rifles subject to the same QC problems as the handguns? At first I blew off all the complaints people had with Kimber, but now after getting one (and now trying to get rid of it) I think I'll put a little more merit into people's complaints.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

· Registered
253 Posts
it is worth a shot. i've seen one that was actually in imaculate condition. all areas complained about were smooth and the thing really sent chills up my spine.

been thinking about selling my kimber royal II also, although it is a great pistol. probably never will....

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

· Registered
110 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
I own a M1A Scout Squad and have been VERY pleased with the accuracy and reliability of this rifle. I have just under 1k rounds fired so far with NO problems at all. Based on my experiences with this rifle, I would purchase another without hesitation if I had the need.

· Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Springfield is known for letting a problem piece slip out the door now and again. Fortunately, they will make good on it. In some cases, the piece must go back a time or two (which is frustrating), but it is my experience that they will finally get it right.

Rosco

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Answered my own question. Yes the handguard and mount can be removed and replaced with a standard M14 handguard. Just like the option of being able to make a standard "shorty" and use the side mounted mount.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by col132:
Answered my own question. Yes the handguard and mount can be removed and replaced with a standard M14 handguard. Just like the option of being able to make a standard "shorty" and use the side mounted mount.
What side-mounted mount? Is this a standard mount, or can I mount something on the SIDE of the gun like those railed AR-15s?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.