1911Forum banner

What would you choose?

• 2k worth of Pistols. 3 nice firearms. P99, G17, and a CZ85 Combat!

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Custom 1911. Made to your exact liking and refinished to your tastes!

Votes: 97 82.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I chose Quality because of the guns listed in quantity I only like thw CZ85, couldn't care less for the glock and the99

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
I think expensive custom guns are something you do once youve found out what you like with more run of the mill guns.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
I am more of the one gun type of guy. Never saw the need or fascination with showing up at the range with 6 different pistols to shoot. I just like to shoot one, really well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
More guns means more guns to clean.

What's worse (as if this is a curse!) is the older you get and more affluent, you can afford BOTH quantity and quality.

I'd go with the custom 1911. Pride of ownership beats out variety.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Well as much as I like quality, I have to go with quantity. If you only have one expensive...what happens when you break one, or have to ditch it or leave it behind, or lose it. Not that I would by a chcrap version,but after all, they are tools. Fun tools, but tools nonethe less.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
Ditch it or leave it behind? Why would would any law abiding citizen ever do that?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I voted quality based on the choices you posted for quantity. But given the ability to do my own shoppin, I might have gone quantity.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
How about when the shtf when your in a foreign country like Bosina, Iran, Somalia, Zimbabwe. How about a riot in LA, Florida, Chicago, Michigan..I've been in the middle of more than one.. Some times when you get to a safe place like across the police/military line, you gotta dump your gear, and sometimes they take it away from you for their own safety...they don't know who you are..

And by the way, I AM a law abiding citizen...what the heck did you think by that question..??

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
Well, I guess I never considered taking my personal handgun to Bosnia. It wasn't like I was planning a vacation there. And we don't have many riots where I live, but if we did, I have a legal right to carry concealed.
Actually, it sounded like you were saying to get rid of the pistol after you had committed a crime. Sorry if I took that the wrong way. I still can't see any times I would be forced or want to ditch or leave behind my handgun.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Yes BillD, I guess they are extreme cases. For the most part, I just like to have more than one in case one breaks, or if I go shooting with someone else like my son or something. In my experience, in hostile environments, when things get rather nervous, no one takes the time to inquire if your paper work is current..it's mostly reduced to which side are you on, and those in charge are most worried about surviving and gaining control, not arguing if a CCW is valid. I am not saying this to get on your case, just an observation.

But I still like to have more than one of each type, just for the heck of it. Even quality stuff will break, or be broken thru acident or neglect, such as slipping out of your grip.

Did I ramble on long enough..??

I think I'll switch to some de-caf now...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would probably make up my "quantity" with different guns, but that's the direction I would go in. I think a SIG P229, Beretta 92, and a Glock 36 would come in under $2000, and I wouldn't worry about the quality of any of them. I like variety, and I just wouldn't want all my eggs in one basket. Besides, the perfect carry gun may not be the perfect home defense gun, which may not be the perfect range gun...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll take the one 1911.

Now, the second question is for $2000.00 would you buy 3 Springfields, or one Wilson?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I'd go for three, but I don't know if they'd be SA, maybe 3 Colts or Kimbers, or a mixture.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I could never choose just one gun -- I love firearms too much. Yet, since I love Berettas, Glocks, and Rugers -- I consider all of these quality guns including the Argentine Sistema I'm hoping to pick up someday...:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
I voted quantity but I should have asked first, do you have any handguns now? If not I'll stick with quantity. Lots of experience with different style handguns will be more beneficial than spending the 2K on a single gun with expensive taste in ammo.
Get a good 9mm like the CZ or P99, a good .22 like a ruger or browning, a 1911 and a boatload of ammo then decide.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts